Thursday, October 29, 2009

L'Officiel


This is one of my favourite magazines that I cannot stop reading! I've only been purchasing it since my trip to Paris back in June when I bought my first issue at a news stand on Champs-Élysées. The magazine was created in 1921 by Andrée Castaniée and was (and still is) geared towards upper-class and high fashionable women in their 20's-40's. What I love about this magazine is that since it's from Paris the fashion and trends are much more ahead than here in North America. It's a beautiful publication that goes outside of the fashion boundaries. It's clean and organized, but not mundane in that it still has a lot of creativity and individualism that separates L'Officiel with other Magazines that all seem to say the same thing. Unfortunately, I only receive the issues a bit later than people in Europe in that I just bought September two days ago! Also, because it is shipped from Paris it costs a lot compared to other magazines (15$), but for someone who wants to have a career in fashion this is a great investment. Another thing that makes this magazine better than others is that since it's written in French, it helps me improve my French (I'm an anglophone and do speak French, but not as fluent as I would like to be). Each issue has a theme and in the September issue it is all about Paris and Parisian style (amazingggg!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment