Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Big Books

As I have mentioned several times in past posts, I am obsessed with buying not only novels, but more importantly coffee table books! I love looking at beautiful illustrations that are about either fashion, art, photography, home design, or travel. Some of them are quite pricey but I figure that I'll have them forever, plus when I'm older and have my very own place I plan on having gorgeous book shelves in my living room where I can put my collection. Here is a list of my favourite coffee table books:

1. In Vogue
2. Vogue Living: Houses, Gardens, People
3. Who What Wear
4. Renoir
5. Brassai
6. Andrew Wyeth
7. Fashion Now (Volumes 1 and 2)
8. Eugene Atget
9. Yves Saint Laurent: Style Style Style
10. Chanel
11. Influence: Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen (don't make fun it's actually good)
12. The Sartorialist
13. Vanity Fair: The Portraits: A Century of Iconic Images
14. Richard Avedon
15. Irving Penn
16. Lifeguard On Duty (perfect for a beach house)
17. And any travel book on France and/or Italy

**Places where you can buy these books: Barnes & Noble (for those of you in the US), otherwise there's Chapters and Indigo, but I prefer going to Museums they usually have a gorgeous selection of coffee table books....my favourite? The Boston Museum of Fine Arts....literally almost had a heart attack they had the biggest selection of coffee table books I had ever seen in my entire life I could have spent days in there.....


1 comment: