Monday, December 7, 2009

Music: Folk

Lately I have been listening to a lot of folk music from the 1960's, 1970's, and even some artists from the past decade that are just as good. In this hectic time of the year when finals are arriving I need to listen to some tunes that are soft, beautiful, relaxing, and yet have a lot of depth. I think that my Canadian Poetry and Romanticism classes have had quite an affect on me this semester in that I am inspired by anything nature and whimsical oriented. Here are some of my favourite folk artists:

Marianne Faithfull - This Little Bird



Sibylle Baier - Forget About

This incredibly talented woman from Germany privately recorded fourteen of her own tracks from 1970-1973 without ever exposing them to the world. Only in 2006 was it released thanks to the efforts of her son.



Mariee Sioux - Wild Eyes



Marissa Nadler - Thinking of You



Train Song - Vashti Bunyan

2 comments:

  1. I really like the second and third one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These songs are amazing! Have you fell in love with Bob Dylan yet? His old stuff is so good and so folky! lol

    ReplyDelete