Monday, January 4, 2010

Top 10 School Necessities

I cannot believe that I start school tomorrow...I only had 10 days off for winter break!!! Crazy! Although I did not have much time off to relax and heal from last semester, for some reason I'm ready to work extra hard this semester and bring up my grades a bit. Here is a list of 10 things I'm bringing to school this semester to not only help me perform my best, but to also go to class in style:

1. MacBook Pro: I just got it over the winter break and I cannot wait to use it to take notes in all of my Art History classes this semester. This laptop will be my lifesaver! I also purchased a cute plum coloured case to protect it.

2. Semikolon Notebooks/Folders: Although I love to take my Art History notes on my laptop I prefer to write down class notes from my English Lit. classes into beautiful notebooks. I just purchased some black hardcover large ones that I can't wait to use!


3. Either a Waterman Hemisphere Powder Blue Pen or a Tiffany Pen: The Waterman pen is actually only 85$ and is absolutely gorgeous and the Tiffany's range around 175$....I think I'll go for the Waterman pen it's less expensive, really good quality, and super pretty!

4. Filofax Agenda in Amazona A5: Best agenda ever! The one I have is a bit too small for school even though it's so gorgeous! I plan on saving a good 200$ to buy this agenda that I'll have for the rest of my life. Basically you keep the leather agenda and buy new refills every year and there are so many different organizers....so exciting!



Courtesy of http://www.filofaxusa.com


5. Kate Spade "The Long List" Notepad: This is the best notepad ever! It's in yellow/white and is basically a "to do" list from 1-12. I write down everyday what homework I have to do on these notepads.

6. L'Officiel: Or any magazine really....I just personally bring around L'Officiel with me wherever I go for when I have to wait somewhere and need something stylish to browse through.

7. Rule of the Bone by Russel Banks: One of my favourite books of all time. It's actually amazing. It's a story following the life of a young homeless teenage boy who lives in Up-State New York, where he constantly is put in bad situations involving theft, drugs, and sex. He meets several people and travels to far away lands along his path of finding out who he is. It's a real page turner that you will not be able to put down. This semester I plan on reading the rest of The Beach by Alex Garland, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, and probably a light and easy book by Sophie Kinsella...that always seems to keep my spirits up when school work gets tough.

8. Smith's Rosebud Salve: Best thing that has ever happened to me. Seriously puts Blistex to shame. It heels any cracks I have on my lips from the cold weather outside and also gives a shiny kissable finish that makes it look like you have light clear lip gloss on. I carry it with me 24/7.

9. Blackberry Bold: I cannot live without this device. I am constantly using it during school to bbm friends to meet up for a quick bite at Anton & James in between classes.

10. Starbucks Card: I got a 50$ Starbucks card for Christmas this year and is seriously one of my favourite gifts. Very handy on an early morning when you're so exhausted from writing a paper at 4am the night before. Thanks Mom!

Well there you have it....my top 10 list of things that will keep you going during yet another semester of school. You are guaranteed to keep organized and perform your best with these tools...oh and you are also guaranteed to be the most fashion forward girl in school ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment