Monday, January 24, 2011

Summer Where Art Thou?

Photobucket

This might be a little bit early considering we are still in January, but I was browsing Topshop today and saw their new Swedish Summer collection and fell completely head-over-heels in love with everything! I became so inspired and thirsty for summer to come so I can wear crochet tops, high-waisted suede shorts, and flowers in my hair. What I really loved about the collection was not only the distinct 1960's 1970's inspired silhouettes, but also the influence of traditional Swedish attire which can be seen in the designs and colours (look at the blue dress above). Down below is a collage I made containing pictures from Woodstock, Almost Famous (one of my all time favourite movies), and of traditional Swedish dresses. I want summer to come as soon as possible, but for now I will sulk in the -30 degree Canadian weather, bundled up in wool sweaters and sipping on my chamomile tea, pretending it's white sangria...*sigh*.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love your collages : )

    Isn't that rust colour you have on the shorts in your first outfit collage gorgeous? I'm really developing a passion for it, and have quite a few items in this colour.

    It's hard to know what the main trend will be for next season - I know the high street are really pushing the seventies, but I was loving the Mad Men full skirts and nipped waist of last season and am loathe to give it up - also if you look at Christian Dior's amazing latest runway show, it's all revival forties stuff, so I guess there's a place in the fashion spectrum for everyone - P.S., love your blog, it is a regular of mine!!

    cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love the pieces you picked out from TopShop. And in answer to your question - i have no idea where summer is,it seems it comes around too slowly these days :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! this post is very nice...love your style!!
    xx
    follow u of course

    ReplyDelete